Saturday, July 2, 2011

Red Heart Boutique Doodle

I received my Red Heart Boutique Doodle yarn. How much fun is this!! In just five or ten minutes I had completed a scarf with nothing but my hands and the yarn.

The bad thing about this is that in just five or ten minutes I had completed a scarf! LOL I will blow through this yarn in no time. LOL

For the pictured scarf I used less than a full skein of each of two colors and it is really long (I didn't measure it but it was longer than I am tall). It is extremely warm and soft and cushy.  If you need a gift for someone who lives in a warm climate, here's your ticket.

Now I haven't washed it or anything like that. It came in. I pulled it out of the box, untangled it, made the scarf and presented it to my daughter. All of that in less than a half hour.

It comes in 7 colors - black, cream, aqua, purple, teal, lime and hot pink. Great colors for youth. The care instructions say to "machine wash, dry flat, do not bleach, do not iron, do not dry clea".  Yarn content is 65% Acrylic, 25% Wool, 10% Nylon. (So if allergic to wool, take care.) Skeins are almost 12 yards and a bit over 5 ounces.

The yarn at Knitting Warehouse was 5.99/skein.

This would be a great yarn to use with groups like Girl Scouts and 4-H. They could make scarves for say a women's shelter. I don't know if men would enjoy the "fluffiness" of it as a fashion statement, but I'll bet anyone in the elements would like the warmth.

If I can figure out what to do with it, I'd definitely make more of these. It was a lot of fun to play with. I'll have to see how it joins together. I would suggest not pulling too tightly on it as it does pull apart if you jerk on it too hard.

I think it would make a really soft, cushy rug with a backing so you don't slip and slide - unless that's the kind of carpet you're wanting. heh


Happy crocheting!
Sandie

1 comment:

  1. I eyed this in the store and wasn't sure about it but you may have sold me on at least trying it. I like the idea of using it for a rug!

    ReplyDelete