Friday, July 1, 2011

blue v stitch scaf

I've been using up the red yarn really fast so I decided I'd better do  more with the blue. Apparently, I'm more of a red gal. :-) Also, the blue being so dark it's harder on my eyes.

Anyway, here is the first of my blue efforts. I worked the V stitch as in the previous scarf, but reversing the colors.

Finished size is 6" x 58 1/2".

The V stitch scarf is so quick and easy! If you've never made one, I recommend it. If you don't like the three round edging, you can just use a longer foundation chain.

Next up will be a blue Jacob's Ladder. I happened across a web site that had a video on a Jacob's Ladder scarf. Mary Grace at Hooked on Needles does things a little differently than I do on the top and bottom finishing, but I like to mix it up now and then so I thought you might also want to take a look and try her way as well. I added a couple of notations to my own video and a link in the notes to her page.

I am quite aware that I don't know everything and my way may not always be the right or best way, so don't hesitate to search out other methods and techniques to try as well. If I inspire you to go further, that's okay with me too.


Happy crocheting!
Sandie

2 comments:

  1. We are going to have to call you the scarf lady. I love how you have such fortitude in what you like to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! If you go on the Scarves for Special Olympics FB page you can see lots of scarf ladies. My small contribution is nothing really. :-)

    ReplyDelete