Wednesday, June 29, 2011

v stitch scarf

Next up is a V-stitch scarf. It is made the same as Kate's V Stitch Scarf, but thinner and with different color use. 

Finished size is 6" x 57 1/2".

With an I hook I chained 19 and made the entire center section in red. This came out to about 4". Continuing with red, I then worked a round of sc. For the next round, I grabbed the blue and worked (V stitch, skip 2) all around. I started off on a side stitch because I hadn't decided how I wanted to work the corners yet.

When I got to the corner, I decided on (dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc).

Then I finished off the blue and picked up the red again. I worked sc all around, but in the corners I went a little bit different. I wanted a more rounded edging so I worked 2 sc in the three middle stitches. I just worked it by eye-balling it and seeing which stitches would work best in that corner. IOW between the stitch or in the stitch. (As you k now, red is terrible color for photography - at least for me - so the photo is not as clear as I might like.)

I liked the way this worked out. The finished scarf looks just the way I intended. Hope the recipient likes it too! Now I need to work on some blue scarves as I have a lot of blue skeins left and not too many reds.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

1 comment:

  1. It's so great when you plan to do something and it comes out just the way that you plan!

    ReplyDelete