Saturday, September 3, 2011

bobble scarves

I was itching to do something different with this scarf. For no particular reason I decided to go puffy. I had in mind the puff stitch, but I ended up with bobble  stitches. LOL

I also decided to line them up as opposed to alternating them.

The first scarf uses 5 bobble rows in each color with a row of dc between. There are four bobbles in each bobble row and 5 bobble rows in each color. It came out 6" x 60 1/2".

For the second scarf, I wanted an edging, but I had to get 6" width for Special Olympics. To accomplish this, I used 3 bobbles across in the blue, then created an edging which used red bobbles. This one came out 6 1/4" x 55".

I would have made this one longer but I was running out of the blue and there was no red or blue at the local Michael's when hubby stopped to check for me.

I have ordered several RHS Really Red and one navy from Knitting Warehouse. I'm afraid of the navy now although I have to say that this skein had only one tiny bit of orange which was much improved over the previous ones. Each Special Olympic scarf has to have both colors so I will probably use the blue as edging or fringe and the bulk of the remaining scarves red.The only problem I had with the red was a couple of "thick" spots. Not a big deal.

I am working on the pattern and hope to have it ready next week.

We are in the midst of Tropical Storm Lee here, but doing fine. Just a lot of rain and a bit of wind.

Have a good weekend!

Happy Crocheting!


Monday, August 29, 2011

More scarves

Both scarves were made with Red Heart Soft yarn and an H hook.

This is a V stitch scarf (ch 22, 6 V's across). Finished size is 6" x 55". I chose this pattern because it goes quickly and is basically a no-brainer even though I've already made one like it. No concentration necessary.

The edging is one round sc in blue then one round V-stitch in red.

Then I worked on a pattern I found in a book called Filet Crochet . My daughter and I loved this book so much I bought one for her too. The pattern I'm using is called Greek Key (p. 74).

I worked 15 pattern sections. If I had not had to keep checking to be sure that I was on the correct row, it would have gone very quickly.

If I had it to do again, I think I would start the row with a solid square.

For the edging, I used a round of sc followed by a round of (sc, ch 2, 2 dc, sk 2). If I made another I would use a hdc for this row to get closer to the 6". Length was 59 1/2".

That's it for today.

Happy crocheting!