Tuesday, September 15, 2015

robotghan update

Thought I'd post an update on the robot afghan. After some trial and error I decided I wanted to continue with the squares even though it means making several dozen more squares and sewing in all those tails. It will be worth it.

Here's how it looks at present. All the squares currently made have been assembled. You can get a better idea of the robot now that there are squares on either side of it. I'm pretty pleased with the way he's looking. As I said before, my daughter came up with the design chart for me.

When I was able to crochet on a limited basis I already had the yellow yarn and the dark grey so I just made squares until the blue and light grey yarn came in. Since I had so many yellow squares I decided to use them in a continual line rather than alternating them with the blue. I only had to make a few more.

The goal is to put another bit of blue all around, then maybe one round of sc to straighten the edges. Fingers crosses that I estimated the amount of yarn needed well.

I'll give a rundown on yarns and number of squares etc when it's done.

Happy crocheting!