Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Who babyghan

Progress is being made on the Who babyghan. I've completed 70% of it - 135 rows of 195. 

You can see the tail in the picture where I finished a skein and started a new one in the middle of a row. I generally try to join at the end of a row but in this case I did not. 

It's coming along nicely though. I am hoping to finish by the weekend, but not sure if that will actually happen. We'll see. I have a few ideas on my next project as well. I want to do another hat like this one that I made back in January 2011. I have the yarn, just need the time.

I am also thinking about making another filet TARDIS. Dare I? LOL Also still thinking about the LEGO afghan. I might keep that one for later when Jonah is older as I don't have a lot of bright yarns on hand. We'll just have to see how it goes. 

I'm making headway on my stash though it's slow going.

There has been more talk about copyright issues lately among the designer groups as work is stolen left and right. It's a shame there are people who do this and damage the industry.

So what are you working on these days?

Happy crocheting!

Monday, July 15, 2013

Dalek dishcloths

Took a brief break from the baby afghan to make two Dalek dishcloths.

The first one is made with I Love This Cotton woods print worsted yarn. In this filet Dalek the open mesh make up the Dalek. The finished size is about 9 1/2" x 11 3/4".

In this second filet Dalek the solid blocks make up the Dalek. This is the first one I've done in this manner. This yarn is a light DK (#3) grey yarn from Annie's Hook & Needle Club. I don't remember what the actual project was supposed to be for this cotton yarn, but I had two skeins of it and thought it would work well for a filet project, which it did.

Finished size is about 8 3/4" x 11".

Happy crocheting!