Wednesday, September 20, 2017

cradle sets

I’ve made a few cradles sets for Bridget’s Cradles. My pieces are plain. The folks at BC add embellishments so the final pieces will look prettier.



The mission of BC from their website: “The mission of Bridget’s Cradles™ is to provide hospitals with knitted and crocheted cradles to hold babies who were born into Heaven in the second trimester of pregnancy.”

Each set is made up of a cradle, a blanket, and a square. Parents keep the square as a remembrance of their son or daughter who has passed on.

The sets above were made with I Love This Yarn Turquoise with a G hook. There are extra squares because these are given to parents who lose their child in the first and third semesters.

If you are interested in helping this cause, you can fill out a volunteer form here.

I haven’t decided what I’m going to work on next. I have yarn for another shawl so maybe that although I’ve been thinking of making squares again. When I know, you’ll know. 🙂 It will probably be something entirely out of the blue. LOL

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment