Thursday, September 27, 2012

H&N Club

Just to keep you updated, I did receive a new Hook & Needle Club project. However, I have absolutely no interest in crocheting it so I'm going to skip this one and return it.

It is a poncho called Steppin' Out Poncho, very open weave, decorative piece. The yarn is Caron Simply Soft, which is not my favorite yarn to begin with, but a lot of people do love it. I waffled between keeping it and returning it. I haven't opened the package. Of course I can always use the yarn, but I would never pay this price for 2 skeins of SS yarn so I finally decided to return it.

In other news, I made a hat to go with the scarf which will be going out to Sandy at the Bridge. It's a Jacob's Ladder hat I found at Suzie's place. As she says, the top does look a little odd, but it fits fine.


I am making squares now with some leftover pink yarns and also intend to make a scarf and hat set for Visiting Nurses.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

11 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy,
    I am new to your site and have enjoyed looking at your beautiful creations this morning! I have also enjoyed reading your blogs. I have a question for you...I have been looking for a red and black variagated yarn to crochet throw but am having a difficult time finding it. Could you tell me the name and color of the yarn you used for the scarf on your hamepage? Thank you so much for your help. Hope you have a great day.
    Caro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, I don't know which scarf you mean. I don't have a photo of a scarf in my logo, nor on the home page of my web site. If you can give me the URL I'll see what I can find for you.

      Delete
    2. Sandie,
      Thanks for getting back to me. I don't see it now but underneath the picture it said that it was one of the projects that wasn't numbered or planned??? When I saw the scarf, it was below the camouflage scarf you donated. I will keep looking.
      Thank you,
      Carol

      Delete
    3. On which site, Carol? I have several - the blog, Facebook, Etsy, Ravelry, Crafty Corral...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandie,
    I'm sorry I didn't realize you had different sites. It is 4ccccs.bogspot.com. I thought. I was seeing things!
    Sorry to be so much trouble.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heh Carol, that is not my site. That is Sandy Holladay's site. You can contact her by leaving a comment on that site or send a message through her Facebook page.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your help!
      Carol

      Delete
  4. Sandie,
    I didn't realize you had different sites. I thought I was seeing things! It is 4ccccs.blogspot.com. I'm sorry to be so much trouble.
    Thank you,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome as always, and good timing cause it's fall and you know what that means...time for everyone to gear up. Rounding from Bridge and Beyond, taking quite a bit of time to visit everyone on the blog log...whew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy
      Please see comments above from Carol. She had a question regarding yarn used in a particular scarf. And thanks for visiting!

      Delete