Wednesday, August 3, 2011

purple scarf

Found two skeins of I Love This Yarn - and I really do love this yarn. I had absolutely no trouble with it. Crocheted straight through. The only tails I had to sew in were where I joined the two skeins and my begin/end tails. Yay! Such a nice change.

I used both skeins and made a really long scarf - at least longer than the ones I've been making lately. Finished size is 6 3/4" x 70". Should be long enough to wrap around twice if one has the need to. And look - my camera even caught the purple color!

Good crocheting day!

Besides finishing the above scarf, my new Harrisville loom and loops came in. What a difference good loops make! 

It came with three bags of loops and I had purchased an additional bag. There was also the long hooked tool and a crochet hook. The crochet hook is plastic but that is really best as the pegs scratch a steel hook.

The instruction sheet is much much better than the other loom.

This green loom is very similar to the red one I got previously so the looms themselves work pretty much the same. Both are steel. Both have the same number of pegs. Both have just a slight turning at the end of each peg. Very small difference in design, and of course color. I think the corners on one are a little more rounded, but that is not even used to make the potholders.

I made one the regular way and one using every other peg. I did not have a single loop that I couldn't use, unlike the bag of loops I got at Hobby Lobby where about half of them did not work on the loom. Much more pleasant experience.

If you're going to get a loom, or if you already have a loom and need more loops, I highly recommend the Harrisville loops. When I need more, that's what I will be getting. Amazon was pretty quick in getting them to me as well so no complaints there.

Back to my crochet hook now. Hope you're enjoying your day. It's not even raining here today unlike every other day.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

5 comments:

  1. Love the purple color on that scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made a purple crocheted blanket for my husband's niece from this same yarn!! Absolutely loved the yarn and the purple--my favorite color.. I made her one when she was born, but it must be ratty and faded out, because my sister-in-law suggested I make her a new purple one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky niece! I'm sure she loves her new ghan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember my grandparents sitting and making potholders when I was young....early 60's. Seeing them here brought back those memories! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete