Sunday, June 5, 2011

First Special Olympic Scarf

I have finished my first Special Olympics scarf for the coming year.

As I've mentioned previously, the colors are Red Heart Super Saver – 387 Soft Navy, Red Heart Super Saver – 319 Cherry Red, Red Heart Soft – 4604 Navy, Red Heart Soft – 9925 Really Red.

The only other requirements are:
Length: Approximately 54-60 inches long
Width: Approximately 6 inches wide

This first scarf is approximately 6" x 57".

Pattern notes: with H hook, ch 21, the first two rows and the last two rows are dc. The middle rows are 5dc, (ch 1, sk 1, dc) until you have 5 holes, and finish the row with dc in each remaining stitch. You will have 5 dc at the end of the row. So to abbreviate that you will have 5 dc, 5 holes, 5 dc.

The edging is one round dc working (dc, ch 1, dc, 1, dc) in corners, then one round of sc working (sc, ch 1, sc, ch 1, sc) in the center dc of the previous round. I worked a sc in the ch-1 space of that round also.

Now to decide on my second pattern. I am itching to do another of the pergola scarves even though I remember it was a little complicated to do. :-) But of course I must do a Fibonacci and a Lucas scarf as well. That is sort of a tradition.

I noticed in a blog post about these scarves that I mentioned my measure included the fringe. In the Special Olympic details it does say to include the fringe in your measurements so that is what I will do on those scarves for which I include fringe.


Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment