Monday, January 24, 2011

Special Olympics Louisiana and Bobble Hat

Here's another scarf for the Louisiana branch of Special Olympics. It's the Jacob's Ladder scarf shown in my video, but in this version I used an 8,8,8 pattern. 8dc, 8 chains, and 8 dc. I wanted an edging in the turqua so I wanted the main section to be less than 6". It worked out fine. The finished size is actually just shy of 6" x 56". As you may recall the SO scarves are to be between 54 and 60" long. The chain in this pattern is 26.

I also finished Bobble Beauty, a hat designed by Dot Matthews. The pattern itself was not difficult except perhaps for the bobble stitch itself if you're not familiar with it. It's a basic hat pattern to 60 stitches, then veers off to the bobbles and decreases.

Here is our lovely model showing it off for you.

I'm going to work some more on the Pergola tonight I think, while watching Chuck and Castle. We'll see how far I get on it.


Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment