Saturday, September 18, 2010

strips to scarves, circles to squares

Remember those strips I made on my trip? Well, they are now scarves - four of them are anyway. When I worked on the last two I ran out of Red Heart soft yarn. I am debating trying to get more and hoping it matches or just ripping the border and starting over. It wouldn't take that long as it's not that difficult.

Finished size of these two was 5" x 60" for the purple and 5" x 61" for the blue. They are made exactly the same. One of the yarns must be just slightly thinner. The purple is the Michael's Impeccable Amethyst. I don't know what the blue is. The Impeccable is 4.5 ozs so I was able to get two strips plus five squares out of it. The blue I got the two strips and one square. The squares I did were the Filet Granny Square by Susan Smith.

I recently ran into this tutorial on where to place your hook when crocheting. I thought it was very nicely done and wanted to share it with you. You can find it at fantasticmio.com .

I ran into a couple patterns I thought looked neat and I'd like to try one day. We all know that one day rarely comes, but if it should happen to this time I'll have the links. The first is a Moebius hat and scarf set.I also saw this pillow pattern which could easily become a scarf or afghan. I've done the circle to square before and actually really like making the "circles" which are just double yo-yos. I've made many of them in the past. Haven't made mine into squares though.

I also wanted to share this video where crochet is being used to brighten up an area that needs perking up. These gals were apparently hired to do this and they put their hearts and hooks into it. Good job!

Did you know the Crochet Dude's product line is out? I have only seen a couple pieces in person. There are some also at Hobby Lobby shop online, but the major portion is at http://www.simplicity.com/ . I saw three different kits. Here is the intermediate one. Nice job, Drew! I must get me some of that. :-)

Guess that's it for now. More crocheting waiting in the wings.

Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment