Saturday, May 22, 2010

Star Stitch scarf

I was enjoying the star stitch and decided I'd go ahead and make a scarf.

Details:
Size: 6" x 60"
Hook: H
Yarn: Vanna's Choice Dusty Blue

Amount used: two full skeins (7 ounces)

I worked 136 rows, but if you have more yarn you could make it longer.

The way I worked the stitch was basically Teresa's method. I worked the star stitch on one row and the next row was 2 hdc in the eye of each star with one hdc on each end of the row as well. Her video demonstrates it perfectly.

Here is a closeup of my scarf.


Many years ago, I received a baby afghan from my cousin for my new baby daughter. It was made in the star stitch. Since that time, I've been wanting to learn it, but just never took the time until today. So there ya go. It's never too late to learn something new. :-)

Also, here is the completed teddy bear afghan. I thought I had posted it here, but I see I did not. I used a faux picot border (sc, ch 2, sc) in same stitch, then sk 1 and repeat around.



Happy crocheting!

1 comment:

  1. I've used Teresa's star stitch pattern to make several things. I love it. I'll have to try a scarf using that.

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete