Thursday, July 9, 2015

Mandala for Marinke

Today I completed a mandala designed by Marinke, who recently passed away - you can read her story online, links in a past post. You can read about the Mandalas for Marinke project here.

I decided to start with the 12 round standard mandala. It is actually almost done. I still have tails to sew in. This particular one makes a lot of tails as every round is a different color. The pattern is the standard working in the round, increasing each round by 12 for 12 rounds, then a pretty added edging. 

I'm not sure my own project is art show worthy, but I enjoyed making it.

Update: I forgot to mention the colors. This is Knit Picks Comfy Sport.
Yellow is Creme Brulee, Green is Honeydew, Pink is Flamingo, Cream is Ivory, The reddish purple is I think Lady Slipper (lost the wrapper), blue purple is Lilac Mist, Orange is Carrot. Blue is Sea Foam




I also had some leftover Red Heart Super Saver (some kind of pink), bought some white to go with it, and completed another ribbon afghan. I have no specific destination in mind for this but something always comes up so I'm sure it will get used.



Finished size is about 40" square. The edging is Red Heart with Love Berry Red. I used a round of single crochet followed by a round of (sc, ch 2, 2 dc, sk 2). 

I will probably make another mandala but I haven't decided on the pattern yet. I have several free and purchased ones saved.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

4 comments:

  1. You did nice job Sandie....it beautiful as usual everything you do.i just started one too...the picot..I hope I can do it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I look forward to seeing yours.

      Delete