Wednesday, June 19, 2013

WIPS and FO

 Generally I like to start and complete a project before starting something else. I LIKE to do that, but I don't always actually DO that. Sometimes I just get caught up in things and start several projects at once. These past couple weeks has been one of those times.

First, as I mentioned earlier, I started the Celtic Knot afghan from Knit Picks. I decided to just do the first repeat and make it a straight cable rather than the knot. Here's what I've done thus far.


Then that ghan was going sooo slowly I decided to start a scarf. As I looked over my patterns, I was reminded of the pergola scarf which is, at it happens, also a Knit picks pattern.

I decided to try it with thin yarn and perhaps do the back as well. Here's what I have done on that. I am using stitch markers so I can count the repeats since I am planning to do the back as well. What color would make a good back for this gold. The yarn is Big Value (from UK) and it is very thin so it's taking a long time for this as well, particularly since the pattern is very complicated to follow. I am using my own shorthand notes. I am using a G hook (that's the smallest I'll grab).


With these two slow road projects, I wanted something I could actually see an end to. I grabbed my bag of finished squares that I was going to give away (nobody responded so I still have them). I discovered there were enough pink cross stitch squares for a small babyghan. I added some Caron pounder white and used a continuous join. Voila! I would estimate it took about half the pounder, maybe less, for the assembly and two round edging.

I started it yesterday and finished it today. Coincidentally, a good friend is expecting a baby girl later this year. :-) This will make a nice welcome for her I think.


That's what I've been up to. Oh and this morning I started a straight box stitch small afghan to answer some questions that a visitor had, but I didn't take a photo as I just did one row.

So what are you all up to?

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment