Sunday, June 9, 2013

scrap pillow and SHADA scarf completed

That multi-colored piece I was working on using my leftover balls has now become a pillow. You might call it a pet snuggle as I'm thinking to use it for the dogs since it can be removed and washed easily.

Having the color change right in the middle made it really easy to assemble the two sides and run a bit along the folded edge. See how I planned that? hahaha



In other news, I finally sewed the tails in on the SHADA Doctor Who scarf I finished about a month ago! Yay!





This scarf took about two to three weeks to make (post of May 16), barring those tails. It took two days to sew in all the tails.


Details. I chained 31 with an I (5.5mm) hook (single crochet) and followed the pattern at doctorwhoscarf.com (which is a knit pattern). The finished size is about 19' long and 9" wide.

Here is the yarn I used:
Purple - Vanna's Choice Purple
Camel - I Love This Yarn light taupe (2 skeins)
Mustard - Bernat Gypsy Gold
Rust - I Love This Yarn Terra Cotta
Grey - Vanna's Choice Taupe (2 skeins)
Greenish brown - Bernat Waverly Bark (2 skeins)
Bronze - Vanna's Choice Toffee (2 skeins)
Light grey -  ILTY greybeard (it's a little dark, but it's what I had)

I think that's about it. Now to finish the Season 18 I have begun in Lion Brand Suede!

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

2 comments:

  1. I'm not seeing the color change in the middle like I did before, glad you've found a purpose for it, love the idea of a pillow..wouldn't it add a splash of color and interest to someone's living room...particularly if they had a solid colored sofa...hum....yarn stash idea

    Popping round to invite everyone to Memory Monday
    over at Sandy's Space Memory Monday, make Monday's Better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't see the mid color change as that's where it's folded to make the pillow.

      Delete