Saturday, February 23, 2013

Hook Needle Club dishcloth

I took a break from the Who scarf - yeah, I know I just started it LOL - to make one of the projects in the Hook and Needle Club kit I had not gotten to yet. I decided to make the dishcloth and was surprised that it is a simple V stitch pattern with a single crochet multi-round edging. I chose to do a different edging on mine as you can see.





I worked a round of single crochet, then I worked a round of V stitch to match the body of the cloth. The finished size is 9" (worked with a G hook), a little smaller than the projected size in the pattern, but I personally prefer a smaller dishcloth.

There are a few other projects in the kit. I haven't decided which, if any, I'll pursue. Even though this was a simple pattern I've worked many times, it was still fun to make, a quick easy thought-free project.

The kit came with a generous 4 skeins Creme de la Creme Sandy Print cotton yarn so that made me pretty happy and I felt I got my money's worth with this one.


Happy crocheting!
Sandie

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty Sandie.. I really like this pattern.. I am making a few baby wash cloths in cotton for a friend of mine who is expecting a new grandaughter shortly.. happy crocheting.. :)

    ReplyDelete