Friday, March 11, 2011

National Crochet Month

I just realized this is National Crochet Month. You can read a bit about it at Crochet Today. Since I'm always crocheting, I'm not doing much different this month than I usually do.

It feels strange to be talking about normal things when so many are suffering in Japan. Please keep those folks who went through a terrible earthquake and tsunami and will be feeling those effects for a long time to come as they rebuild. We in Louisiana know all too well what that feels like.

I can't help but be excited, however, that my yarn has ALREADY come in from Knitting Warehouse. I love how quick they are with the orders. I ordered this Monday and here it is already! Fabulous service.

Here you can see Jack investigating. He gave his approval to the pretty colors.


I am pleased with the yarn and I think these colors (Vanna's Choice scarlet and pink) will work well. Hopefully I ordered enough of it.

Now I can start the Reversible Sweetheart Ripple.  This is for the CAL by Kim Guzman. Yay! I am going to make a smaller afghan. According to Kim, you can increase or decrease in multiples of 13. She suggested a starting chain of 155 for a baby afghan. That would also be a good lapghan size I'm thinking, so I will do that. Fingers crossed that I can do it!


Next week I hope to do another video so stay tuned! My husband has removed most of his stuff (from the paint job) from my "studio" so I should be able to get in there and work. His office looks great with the new colors. I plan to do the craft room soon too, but I'm not going to actually DO it. I think I'll hire it out. I am thinking sage greens. Nothing in concrete yet. Of course I will have to remove all MY stuff when that time comes, which will not be fun.

That's all for today.


Happy crocheting!

1 comment:

  1. Babyghan size does sound good for a lapghan. Sounds like a good project and the yarn looks great!

    ReplyDelete