Saturday, November 6, 2010

chainless foundation

I have noticed a number of designers are using the foundation sc rather than a traditional foundation chain for their work. Thus far, the ones I've seen have also included the option to use a regular foundation chain, which is my personal preference. It worries me that one day it will become the norm and the foundation chain will be dropped completely (until it's rebirth like clothing styles of other eras which come back eventually).

It's good to try new things, and I applaud those who do, but there is comfort in the familiar as well. I see the advantage to the foundation sc, but I like my "comfort crochet" and don't mind working into a foundation chain - I know some people just hate it. Maybe I'll go over to the dark side eventually and the fsc will become my "norm". We'll just have to wait and see. :-)

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can check it out at Crochet Cabana, or do a search at YouTube for foundation sc or chainless foundation. There are several videos.

Now I'm going to give you another link. This one is to Scotty's Place and an afghan I think looks great. I like the colors. I like that it's quick and I like that it's very simple process. V stitch and Double V Stitch. What a fabulous idea. Kudos to Pammy Sue for putting it together.

Another thing to look for... both Caron and Red Heart are doing a 12 days of Christmas thing and giving us free patterns. They are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts - and so we'll buy their yarns, of course! Other manufacturers may be doing this as well. If you know of one, holler out. I checked Bernat (they're doing a mystery afghan) and Patons, but didn't see anything there.

Guess that's all for me. Still working on strips for the lapghan.

Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment