Thursday, May 27, 2010

Miranda Scarf

 Messing around yesterday and decided for the next pattern I would make one up. This is sort of a variation of the pattern I had called Peek-a-boo. The middle holes line up and the side holes form a pattern. It could be a diamond or an X or whatever you imagine it to be. :-) You can make this into a square or a scarf. I am making a scarf because my hands kept going. heh

So here is the pattern. It is named Miranda because I couldn't think what to call it and I asked my husband and he could not think of anything. I asked my daughter and she said I'd call it Miranda. I think she just likes that name. LOL I like it too, so Miranda it is.

I haven't actually finished the scarf, so the yarn amount is estimated. Most scarves take me about 7 ounces so it should be about that much. Anyway, this one will because I think that's all I have of this color.


Miranda Scarf
©2010 by Sandra Petit
http://www.crochetcabana.com

Materials: about 8 ounces 4 ply worsted weight yarn  (I used I Love This Yarn aqua for sample), H hook

Size: approx  7” x 61 1/2” or however long you want it to be

Gauge: 5 dc = 1 1/2". 4 rows = 2" (gauge is not important in the scarf)

Skill Level: Easy

Pattern abbreviations:
ch  =  chain
dc  =  double crochet
sk = skip


Hole = (ch 1, sk 1)

Note: Your middle holes will be in line with one another, separated by a row of dc.

Instructions:
ch 25
Row 1: dc in 4th chain from hook and in each chain across, ch 2 (counts as first dc on this and all rows), turn. (23 dc)

Row 2: dc in next 4 dc, (ch 1, skip 1, dc in next 5 dc) 3 times, ch 2, turn.  (3 holes, 20 dc)

Row 3: dc in each dc and in each ch-1 space across, ch 2, turn (23 dc)

Row 4: dc in ea of next 2 dc, (ch 1, skip 1, dc in next 3 dc)) 5 times (5 holes, 18 dc)

Row 5: dc in each dc and in each ch-1 space across, ch 2, turn (23 dc)

Row 6— end: repeat Rows 2-5 to length desired (I did 115 rows, beginning and ending with a dc row)

Border: sc evenly around


Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment