Saturday, April 22, 2017

kiss stitch

I was looking at Dee Stanziano's Ravelry page and revisited her Kiss Stitch. Such an interesting stitch, I thought I'd share it with you. You can find her stitch here. (Also check out her Facebook page ... )

In the comments a similar stitch, but not exactly the same, is mentioned. It is used in the Thermal Dishcloth by Julie Bolduc. She calls it the single crochet front back bobble.

A double crochet version is cited by Julie in her Ultra Thick Potholder pattern. 

Another stitch that is interesting to me is the Star Stitch. I think I've mentioned it here before but I don't think I had this tutorial then. This is the wonderful designer Vashti as written in her blog.

I have links to a few other tutorials on the Star Stitch in the sidebar. 

I saw another stitch earlier in the week that I found interesting. For the life of me, I can't remember where I saw it. The gist is that you make a stitch, like the double crochet, then you worked around that stitch. I have used this technique before. If I ever remember where I saw it, I'll update. If anyone knows, holler out to me please.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment