Sunday, August 11, 2013

Who scarves

I am able to crochet though not for a lengthy period of time at one go. It's much better though and I am hopeful to finish the Who babyghan soon.

Everyone knows I've made a number of Doctor Who scarves. A member of the Stitches group at Facebook posted a link to a blog post at Kaleidoscope yarns which relates to the yarn used for these scarves. I know some of you have expressed interest in the scarves so I thought I'd pass it on. You can find the blog post here at KY Yarns.

Also, there was a wool kit available at Little Red Mitten in Canada but I can't find the listing on their web site so maybe they've discontinued it. If you're wanting a kit, holler out to them and maybe they can help you. I have a kit here but I haven't used it yet. The kit is based on a knitting pattern and crochet uses more yarn than knitting. That said, I generally make my scarves less wide than the original so it will likely work. I also could work a Season 14 which is shorter than the Season 12.

If you know someone who wants to learn crochet, you might like to recommend Kim Guzman's Learn to Crochet videos. Kim goes very slowly which many new crocheters find helpful. If you're interested in Tunisian crochet, Kim's the gal to go to as well. Check out her channel for more videos.

I have videos featuring the basics of crochet but my playlist is not as nicely organized as Kim's. You can find my beginner videos here.

I will hopefully have pics for you next post. Remember a few years ago I challenged myself to use every hook in my collection for a project? I am thinking of doing that again. Last time I was interrupted by a hurricane and got the hooks mixed up. Hopefully that wouldn't happen this time. I'll let you know when I start the project.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment