Tuesday, January 15, 2013

chain link square

I received an e-mail, as I often do, letting me know when the YouTube channels to which I subscribe have added new videos. Sometimes I go have a look, and sometimes I don't have time to do it right then, but I save the e-mail to look at later.

One such new video was Beth Ham's chain linked diamonds square. (You can find the text pattern here.) It intrigued me so much that this morning I sat down and crocheted with Beth. I very rarely take the time to do that so you know I loved this square.

I followed her video step by step, even the repeats. What a lovely square! Hers was 6" but mine is closer to 7". One reason is that I brought my long dc up too high I think as it leaves a hole rather than sits close to the previous row. That's okay though - I *meant* to do that. *rolling eyes and looking away*. In any case, it was very easy to follow but you do have to pay attention. It's not one of those things you can do while watching Doctor Who for example. Because both things are too important! LOL

I added a single crochet edging around and here's the result.


In addition to that dishcloth, I also finished another one with this bright variegated yarn.



I'm getting antsy to start another Doctor Who scarf so I'm sure you'll be seeing that starting again soon. Every time I think I can start something seems to come up but soon...

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

2 comments:

  1. That second dishcloth is really interesting. Did you use a specific pattern for that or is it just how the colors worked themselves out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just how the colors fell. I also thought it was interesting. Almost like a ribbon.

      Delete