Saturday, October 1, 2011

SOL finale

Lookit! I had a scarf about a third done in straight sc. I didn't think I'd have time to finish it before heading to deliver them, but I did. After it was finished, I decided to add a little surface crochet to it. I have been wanting to try that and I was pleased with how it turned out. It's not a fancy pattern, not planned. Just went where it went.

You can see both front and back in the photo.

Finished size is 6" x 58".

All of the remaining scarves will be delivered to Special Olympics Louisiana. Then I will be moving on to other projects.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

5 comments:

  1. How fun! I've been working a little bit with surface crochet, too, although I am still learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the quilt in your photo ! whoever
    made it must have had lots of patience !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt was made by a friend's mother. When they cleaned out her house, they had a big yard sale. My husband helped and they gifted him with two of the quilts. There are a few stains on them (I assume from being in storage), but still beautiful and certainly useful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea, sure adds a little zip to a solid color scarf.........love the idea. Do you just single crochet when you do surface crochet? Awesome quilt it's laying on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scarf is single crochet. The surface crochet on top is really a slip stitch. Kim Guzman has a nice video demonstrating it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs3xPYThWcE

    ReplyDelete