Wednesday, September 28, 2011


I've been busy, busy, busy the past week finishing up an afghan as a wedding gift. I wove most of the tails in during the four hours coming and going to the wedding shower. The assembly did double duty as I made videos during the process (which I will be uploading and annotating today).

It is being washed, then it will be wrapped for the upcoming wedding on the 8th.

The details - the finished size is 49" x 56 1/2". Here is a photo of it laid out on a queen size bed.

There was no planned "pattern" for the squares. I just made squares until I ran out of yarn. Then I scattered them into the largest size I could make with those squares. I purchased four skeins of the beige for the assembly and edging.

Yarn is mostly Vanna's Choice though I think one of the blues is a different manufacturer.

The whole thing was assembled using the continuous join. I'm pleased with the result. I hope the newlyweds will like it and enjoy it for many years to come.

I am hoping to deliver the Special Olympic scarves this week. I have one more to complete to meet my self imposed goal.

Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment