Thursday, June 16, 2011

SO chevron scarf

Another Special Olympics scarf down. This one is a simple chevron. About 6" x 60"  The edging is single crochet.

My next one will be the Pergola. I've already started it. Haven't decided how I'll work the colors yet. It's a more complicated pattern so make take a little longer to complete.

I also completed a cotton dishcloth in crochet and attempted a knitted one. I did the knitting part okay, but when I tried to finish it off I messed it up terribly. We (daughter and I) tried to fix it, but ultimately I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. I have one additional stitch now. The knitted part looks fine. :-) At least that is something. The difference in feel between the knitted and crocheted one is amazing to me. The crocheted one is a tighter weave, more sturdy, but the knitted one feels soft and flexible. I like them both in different ways. I think the knit look and feel would be great for a wearable.

Anyway, that is what I've completed. More to come, God willing. :-)


Happy crocheting!
Sandie

2 comments:

  1. I love to knit... but am terrible at it... but I keep trying. Casting off hasn't been too hard for me, and the basic knit stitch... but pearling is awkward as using chopsticks... all because I'm a crocheter...

    Your scarf is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Every year I try knitting again. I get closer and closer to finishing something. :-)

    ReplyDelete