Wednesday, March 30, 2011

another lapghan

38" lapghan made with 7-round granny squares
The captioning pretty much says it all about this afghan. This one, and the one yesterday, are both about 38" wide and long. Yesterday's was 9 squares, worked to 10 rounds with an H hook. This one is 16 squares, worked to 7 rounds. All granny squares. Both assembled with the continuous join.

The yarns used are Red Heart Super Saver and I Love This Yarn with the one bright orange being the Caron One Pound Orange. It's worsted weight, but is still a heavier yarn than the others. If I'd been thinking I would not have used it in this afghan as it doesn't "feel" the same as the others. I didn't realize it until I had it all assembled.

I used the red for the assembly simply put because I was tired of black and white and thought the red would go well with the grey. What do you think? It's different than my usual look. Also, I thought the brighter color would be enjoyed by seniors. I've been told that generally speaking they like bright colors because the eyesight is not as sharp and they can be seen and enjoyed more easily. Anyway, we all know that color choices are personal so someone will enjoy it, I'm sure.

I have some of each size square leftover and will continue to make them until I can put together two more. :-)

Update on my mom: The doctor she saw yesterday said everything looks good, but it will be at least 4 months before she can put weight on her leg.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

3 comments:

  1. I do think that the red looks nice with the grey. In fact I'd love to see one with just grey squares and red edging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a super idea, but don't have any more of the grey yarn. On my list for next time I head to Hobby Lobby. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you put these together so quickly. Lovely work again.

    ReplyDelete