Wednesday, February 9, 2011

V stitch scarf

This Special Olympics scarf is another V stitch scarf. Chain 19, work 102 rows, then do a three round border. First and third rounds are sc and round 2 is (V stitch, sk 2) around, working (dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc), in corners

I've added the instructions to the post on Kate's V stitch as it is just an adaptation of that scarf with a wider edging.

Next up, I have a leaflet from the library which has a couple patterns I want to see if I can adapt to a scarf - which is funny because it is a leaflet of scarves. The ones I'm interested in are much wider than I consider a scarf, more like shawls at 15, 16, 18", and there is that pesky 6" requirement for Special Olympics. heh There are some that are close to the right size but those aren't the ones I'm interested in making.

Happy crocheting!

1 comment:

  1. I actually almost always modify scarf designs because I like thinner scarves than what most patterns call for. Have fun playing around with that!

    ReplyDelete