Saturday, January 8, 2011

more UFOs and WIPs completed

Another UFO done! I started this little afghan a long time ago. So long, I can't even remember when! But it is now done. This is more of the Carolyn Toups yarn that was donated. I'd forgotten about it as I'd kept all the skeins with this partially done ghan.

Finished size is about 24" square.

I got a little sidetracked and did a couple of squares and started a scarf. LOL I want to finish the scarf, but then I have another couple of strips done and I want to do a few more and make that an afghan. We'll see how those intentions pan out.

The squares shown are made using the Circle of Friends square. I was trying to get it to 6". The one on the right is just shy of 6". The one on the left is exactly right. Very pretty square. Note that on some rounds you turn and others it doesn't say turn. The one on the right was worked all on right side. The one on the left was worked to pattern except I skipped round 8.

Still on my Jacob's Ladder kick, I happened across a pattern for a square which I immediately recognized as using this stitch. Isn't that odd? This was in 101 Crochet Squares, a book I haven't picked up in quite a while. It is Square #81 on page 80. I think I used an H hook and the yarn is Impeccable Sage Butter Ombre, a lovely yarn, worsted weight.



In addition to the above, I found two little soy yarn hats I began at some point in time and forgot about. I finished them off and here they are. The yarn is Bernat Soy in celery. Very nice, soft yarn.

I also completed these two green squares. I'm not really too happy with the dragonfly one. It is 6" from side to side in the middle of the square, but if you flatten out the top, the head of the dragonfly, it appears to be slightly more. This might end up in the lily pond with the other frogs.

The circle to square is Norma's Needle Adventures. The pattern is in the post of July 5. It is a nice little pattern. The formatting on the page is a little wonked as the rounds all run together (at least on my iPAD) but still no problem to read and understand. I stopped at 6". This is a keeper.

That's all for now. I'm working on the scarf I started yesterday, and on a scarf-like strip which I am hoping will be part of an afghan .

Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment