Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Hooks and squares

In the WordPress blog I've been posting squares. I set myself a challenge to make a square (or some project) with each of my hooks. The squares are mostly the Cross Stitch Square designed by my daughter, Kate Smith. I've made thousands of these squares. I know some people don't like to make the same thing over and over but I don't mind it. It's mindless.

I warn you that I collect hooks and I have a lot of them! I have quite a few hooks from Polymer Clay Shed. She sells both Boye and Bates style hooks and I have some of both. After my hand surgery, my crocheting style changed for a while in that I went to the knife hold rather than my usual pencil hold. Also, though I had always been a "Boye" gal, I found the Bates style hooks worked well for me during that transitional time. Now I can use both!

Here are some of the pictures I've posted. It's only interesting if you want to see the different hook styles. I'm still working on this project, currently using my Furls hook collection. In the WordPress posts I have additional info on the hooks in some of the pictures but I thought it would make this post too long if I included all that. 


These are glow in the dark hooks
















Happy crocheting!

Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment