Friday, August 25, 2017

scarf

This is a scarf I started a while back, had put aside while I finished something or other, and then came back to. It's made from a yarn cake I got at Hobby Lobby. It's called Yarn Bee Sugarwheel and the color is Go Go Cocoa. It's a 7 oz skein of 355 yards. I used the entire thing. It's 100% acrylic worsted weight yarn, though it's on the thicker side of worsted. The price on the label is $6.99 which is a bit higher than I usually pay but I couldn't resist trying this interesting yarn. I'm sure I used a 40% off coupon though. I almost always do. :-)


I used an I hook. I think I chained 26. The finished size is about 7 3/4" x 60". I managed the color changes so that I didn't have a change in the middle of a row, just because that's how I am. :-)

What I liked about it - each color section was about a foot long, more or less, so I could estimate clearly how long it was as I worked.

All in all I'd give this yarn a thumbs up. I had no problems with it, no sections I had to cut out. I lost a tiny bit at the color changes but that was my choice. 


Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment