Monday, August 11, 2014

hats

I know it's been a while since my last post. Apologies for that. Life gets in the way of the best intentions.

I've been working on a couple of things. Today I will show you the hats I've been making. These hats were made with Patons Classic Wool using my pattern Classic Adult Beanie which can be found on this page at Crochet Cabana.

I ordered 8 skeins of yarn (6 deep olive and 2 black) and was able to get 9 hats out of that, with possibly enough of the green to get another hat. I will be attempting that later. I am noting this info down because I was thinking I could get 12 hats from that yarn and I will be short of that goal. I was relying on my previous memory so  ... not going to do that again! LOL Here are pics of the hats, the leftovers, and the bill.




I ordered the wool from Knitting Warehouse. Michael's also carries this wool. A new Hobby Lobby just opened up in our area so I will be checking them out soon as I can as well.

I hope your crochet world is in good order and you're enjoying the projects on which you are working. In my world, crochet has taken a back seat to my sweet growing-much-too-fast grandson.

I've also been having a spot of trouble with updating the web site so I need to figure that out. If there are things you want to save from the site, I would offer the suggestion that you save them off now as with my luck the whole thing will disappear while I'm trying to update it.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment