Monday, February 27, 2012

Jacob's Ladder progress

More progress on the Jacob's Ladder.

Let's review. I'm using Red Heart Super Saver yarn and an I hook. I have 10 cable sections. I actually meant to have 14 but I messed up. I am not sure how I did that because my foundation chain came out right. *scratches head* Anyway there are 10.

Here is what I've done thus far before I made the cables. The size here is about 59" x 32". I probably stretched it out a little more than yesterday when it measured 58 1/2". It's very pliable at this stage with all the chain sections. The length is 32" here.

Then I worked the "ladders".

The width is now 42". The length is still 32". That is not surprising since you have double crochets along each row which gives you the height. If anything was lost it was made up by the hdc row which catches the top chain loop to make the last cable ladder.

So I lost 17" of of 59" (approx). Let's just say close to a third to a make it easy.

The ghan is not going to BE that size, of course, because I still will be adding at least one more section with my mom's first name. I might also add another section with her last name if I have enough yarn. I am hoping one skein will be enough for one strip. We'll see.

So that's it for today's update. I hope to finish this project by Wednesday because I am going to see my mom Thursday and would like to bring it to her then.

Happy crocheting!

1 comment:

  1. Looks fantastic Sandra. Bet your mom will love it. Definitely a WIM for me when I get all my WIPs finished. Thanks.