Wednesday, September 8, 2010

strips and squares

 I decided to make some crocheted strips to use for making scarves using the pattern Restful Rainbows (an afghan pattern). I've done this before and liked the result. You can see one of them below. Anyway, I made two strips and played around with them in the photos. :-) I was able to make 2 strips and 1 square from one skein of Vanna's Choice (3.5 ounces).



The pattern can be found in Mile-a-minute Afghans (Leisure Arts and Oxmoor House c1996).

Here are two squares I made from leftover after making four strips.  The pattern is Susan Smith's Filet Granny Square which can be found at Crochet Cabana. These squares came out 6" for me with an H hook. They are going to Share a Square. If you are making squares for this effort, remember to leave a long tail for sewing. 


That's it for today.

Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment