Thursday, August 12, 2010

crochet fun terms

Every now and again someone will ask me a question which leads me to add or update something on the web site. As I was looking at the page on reading patterns and the abbreviations for crochet terms, I thought about other terms that crocheters use which are not linked to patterns, but more to forums and crochet lists.

A few that came to my mind immediately were WIP (works in progress), frog (rip back), UFO (unfinished object), and PHD (projects half done). What terms do YOU hear on your crochet list?

Once again I was perusing the crochet books and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this one. 500 designs. I have a lot of 100 pattern books and there is the 200 squares one, but I don't think I've ever seen one that claims 500.

The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs: 500 Classic & Original Patterns

I might have to look at that one. My library is really good about requesting books for me and I do like to look at them before deciding to purchase.

Here is one that I just purchased myself and am waiting to get in. I saw it at Sandy's blog and it looked good. If you decide to get this from Amazon. Be sure you find the one that is 6.78 as it is listed more than once and the other one is almost twice as much.

Filet Crochet: More than 70 Designs with Easy-to-Follow Charts (Stitch Collection)

I've been making double yo-yos for a while now and I'm starting to wind down on that. I plan to start a scarf with some yarn that was gifted to me by my friend Kathy.

That's all for tonight.

Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment