Tuesday, January 29, 2013

heart afghan

I finished the heart afghan though not without some trials. I had intended this to be 4 squares x 4 squares, but I ran out of white edging yarn along the last column edging. What to do? I was using a continuous join so that limited my choices. I decided to go with a 3 x 4 instead. I ripped back one column and discarded those squares, then finished the edging with the white yarn. I think it came out well.




Details about where to find the pattern are in my previous post. It's a ch 34 and is worked over 16 rows with the first and last rows straight dc. Size is about 34" x 42". I used a cross-stitch join-as-you-go assembly.

I also finished another dishcloth using leftover scraps from the others. I will probably just keep this one as there were so many tails and cotton doesn't hold the tails in as well as other types of yarn. Not bad looking though.





Happy crocheting!
Sandie

2 comments:

  1. Love the ghan, and the size looks fine 3 x 4. Hope you didn't frog you other squares...you could perhaps build from them into another ghan?

    Rounding from Sandy's today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't frog them and that's exactly what I'm going to do - build them into another ghan.

      Delete