Friday, July 8, 2016

scarf and hats

First off I want to mention that the Knit Picks Felici yarn is back. This is one of those here today, gone tomorrow yarns so I ordered several skeins in the Time Traveler colorway. This is fingering yarn. My current thought is to make a Big Button Beret. I made one of these some time ago and loved how it came out. Of course ... fingering yarn. It will take a while.

In other news I've completed a scarf and two hats from the I Love This Yarn purchased a few weeks ago. The color is Stonewash, kind of a blue grey denim kind of color.

With two skeins I was able to make a scarf about 6' long and two adult male size hats.



I've already packaged it to go to Sandy at The Bridge and Beyond but I think it is about 7" wide. The edging is straight single crochet.

The hats are my Basic Adult Beanie at Crochet Cabana. Because I used a thicker yarn than the pattern uses and an H hook rather than a G, I crocheted fewer rounds (I think it was 18 total). For me, the measurement after Round 9 (to 72 stitches) gave me the size I needed so I didn't do another increase round. I used four rounds of single crochet to end.

Adult male hat should be between 8 and 10" from center to last round, and circumference between 22 and 24" around. It seems huge to me because I have a small head but it fits the guys.

That's it for now. I know I've been lax with updating but life interferes.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

2 comments:

  1. I Love This Yarn is my favorite for all charity donations. It holds up so well and they have SO many colors. These items will be dearly loved by someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really nice yarn. I agree!

      Delete