Friday, August 18, 2017

wheelchair wrap

I've completed another Wheelchair Wrap / shawl. This Red Heart Super Saver Jumbo yarn in Icelandic is very nice. It's rough like RHSS is, but there was only one spot I cut out and that was on the second skein I started. These are 10 oz (482 yds) skeins. I used all of one and part of another. The pattern at Interweave says 12 ozs. You can also find the Susan Coes pattern here


I used an H hook. The shawl came out perfectly at 18" at the longest points (center back, for example).

This is a really simple pattern and goes pretty quickly. I did this one in a few days. It's even small enough at the beginning to take along. I took it with me to work on while waiting at the hospital and got a good bit done. I added a round of single crochet all around to give the edges a finished look. I came real close to adding another round of picots but decided against it for this one. Maybe the next one. :-)

There's not enough left of the second skein obviously for another one, but if I'd bought three skeins I could have gotten another one with the same yarn. I think there is enough left, however, for a scarf. Of course, it could be used for hats or squares or anything else.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment