Tuesday, August 8, 2017

shawl and doily

Off my hooks ...

Last night I finished this wheelchair wrap. The original pattern by Susan Coes used to be on the CrochetMe site. It has been changed to Interweave Crochet. The new link there is https://www.interweave.com/article/crochet/crochet-wheelchair-wrap-pattern/ I also found it in a 2008 copy at Susan Coes Wheelchair Wrap 


I altered the pattern slightly because the Brava Sport worsted I used is a little thinner - more a light worsted - and I wasn't sure how far what I had would go. I had the most skeins of Brava Sport Worsted Almond, a couple of full skeins and some partial skeins, probably left over from a Who scarf. 

I worked 33 rows in the pattern stitch and one row single crochet for a finished edge. That got me to the 18" needed. I did run out of yarn about halfway through the sc edging but found a small skein of leftover, probably from the same batch as it matched perfectly. 

This is a nice pattern, very simple. I have made quite a few of these. 

I also made a simple doily for a friend. I used Marinke Slump's mandala rug pattern but used an F hook and Knit Picks Simple Cotton sport yarn. 



Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment