Saturday, July 15, 2017

Welcome Home Whisper White

I found some thread at Walmart that matched the ribbon very well (in my opinion anyway). I am no seamstress by any means, but I managed to take the ends of the ribbon to hold them in place. My suggestion here is to do all eight on one side, then you can hold that bit in place and tug gently on the opposite end to straighten the ribbon. Don't pull too tightly or it will bunch up. One of mine is a little snug.



The ribbon makes all the difference in this afghan. It really is a gorgeous pattern with all its quirks. :-)



I don't know if I did it correctly, but I think it came out well. I'm happy with it.


I decided to tie on the bows so the recipient can keep them or not as she chooses. It's for a little boy.




If you're interested in making this beautiful afghan, see my post here for the links to where you can find it. (It's not mine. It's by Terry Kimbrough.)

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment