Friday, July 14, 2017

ribbons

I had ordered both white and blue ribbon for the Welcome Home / Whispers of White baby afghan. The blue came in and I put it next to the afghan and was in love with it. I think the white would be too much of a contrast. I went ahead and placed it, weaving in and out as instructed. It was very easy to do. It was a little hard on my back and my knees, but not a difficult process.

Then I realized I had no matching thread to keep it in place. :-( I plan to get some tomorrow and hope nothing goes amiss with the ghan until then. I'm not a seamstress and really have no clue how I'm going to do it but it will get done. :-)



The ribbon makes all the difference! It adds a special element. I think I'm going to love it. I left a long "tail" of ribbon to be sure I'd have enough. I still have to make the bows when these ends are tacked down.


Oh, if you missed the update on yesterday's post, I did contact Leisure Arts about what I thought was an error in the pattern. They say there is no error. I respectfully disagree. LOL In my opinion you need that ch-1 but my suggestion is that you try it both ways and see which you prefer.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment