Thursday, June 15, 2017

placemats

Except for sewing in the tails and adding a border, I have finished one of the four placemats I have planned. These are being done in Knit Picks CotLin yarn in colors Eggplant, Pomegranate, Ivy and Linen.


The pattern I used here is the Fibonacci numbers in the order red, green, tan and purple. Well, to be exact it is Pomegranate, Ivy, Linen and Eggplant, but you get what I mean. :-) 

The PLAN is to do a second one in Fibonacci numbers in a different order and two others using the Lucas numbers in different orders.

I bought two skeins of each color. Not sure if that will be enough.

I am using the seed stitch with a chain of 60. If I had it to do over I would use a longer chain and fewer rows. LOL This one is 93 rows.

The current size is 12" x 18" which is what I found to be standard in looking at patterns. I put my dinner plate on it and it fit fine so I think that will work. (It would be turned so the long side is facing the diner.)

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment