Tuesday, March 14, 2017

another ABC afghan

While waiting to be able to order the rest of the yarn for the temperature afghan, I decided to make another alphabet afghan. This one will be red, blue, yellow, green and orange. At least that's the plan. I was thinking primary and secondary colors.

The orange I have is pumpkin. I had in mind more of an orange, but I'll see how it looks next to the others. Why is it we never have what we need no matter how large a stash exists? LOL Anyway, three colors down, two to go.



I'm using Red Heart Super Saver only because I happened to have the red, yellow and pumpkin on hand. After working with softer yarns, it sure feels rough. I know it will soften after I wash it though.


I plan to edge each square in buff or some other neutral color.

I'm just thinking that I might have a purple in my stash. Hmmm If the orange doesn't work, perhaps a switch in thought if there is enough of the purple. It would still be a secondary color. :-) I chose to use only five colors as I wanted the afghan to be 5 x 6 rectangles and the color scheme worked out well with five.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment