Thursday, January 19, 2017

Purple hearts

The purple hearts afghan is complete. Finished size is 34" x 48". I guess the edging didn't add to it or I measured it wrong. heh


The square pattern is the nursery hearts pattern by Leisure Arts. You can currently purchase it at Leisure Arts web site for $5.99 as a digital download.
I am using Baby Bee Sweet Delights Sugarplum (purple) and BBSD Charming and BBSC Mint Charm. It's a #3 light weight yarn so I'm using a G hook. Each skein is 4 oz (115 gms) / 377 yards (345m). Coincidentally this yarn, like the Lion Brand DiYarn that 
I used for the alphabet and number afghans, is also made in Turkey. The Baby Bee is 60% acrylic and 40% polyamide.

Each square was edged with Mint Charm, then assembled in columns with a whipstitch. I put a single crochet edging around each column after assembly then assembled the columns. Then I put the edging around the entire thing.

The edging is (sc, ch 2, 2 dc, sk 2) all the way around, with the Mint Charm.

You'll notice I placed the sugarplum squares one way and the Charming squares the opposite way so you can use this ghan in either direction. 

I'm very pleased with the way it turned out.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment