I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth. I just haven't been at the computer as much lately nor crocheting as much as I used to. Thanks for stopping by and not giving up on me.
Note I updated this post after finishing the afghan so all the info would be in one place.
My current project is a Doctor Who baby afghan worked in double crochet and made from a scarf wool kit I bought years ago from Little Red Mitten. Yes, I was taking a chance on the yarn as far as quantity but it worked out pretty well. I was only short one row in the chocolate kisses.
Here is a picture of the yarn that came in the kit. It is Nature Spun Sport 100% wool yarn (mothproof). Each skein is 1 3/4 oz (50 gram). There are two of the Red Fox, Wood Moss, Spiced Plum, Saddle Tan and Charcoal. There is one skein of Chocolate Kisses and Goldenrod.
Here is what I have left (before edging). As noted above, I ran out of the chocolate kisses and could only do two rows where I had planned 3 so I suggest getting 2 skeins of that if you want to do the full three rows. Those pictured are partial skeins except for the spiced plum which is a whole skein. I used the small bit of leftover spiced plum for the simple one round of single crochet edging and still had a little left.
I am writing up the pattern but it's really simple as far as stitching. Just chain 152 (or use the chainless foundation of 150) and double crochet each row, changing colors as is noted in the pattern. It measures about 36" x 44". I took my double crochet pattern for the scarf and halved the numbers. If it was an odd number I went down. For example, if it was 5, I chose 2. Since there were no baby afghans in Doctor Who, I felt like I could make my own choices without worrying too much about screen accuracy. I think it worked out nicely as far as size.
If you are interested in more information on the Doctor Who scarves, you might like to visit my Gallifreyan Crochetin' site and also doctorwhoscarf.com .
I'll post again when I've completed the afghan. It shouldn't be too long though there are a lot of tails to weave in.