Monday, December 29, 2014

butterflies-fleece-shawls

I happened across this tutorial on how to make a crocheted butterfly. I have made dozens of these over the years. Although I did not use this tutorial, I thought it was well done and might help someone else who is having a problem with the technique. I generally use pipe cleaners for my antennae but I may give this method a try when I make more of them.


I mentioned in a previous post the video demonstrating making fleece blankets at Binky Patrol. That video is pretty long, but you can find shorter ones at YouTube demonstrating the same type of blanket. Search for no sew fleece blankets. I also found this little video demonstrating how to do this without knotting. I love this idea!

I have only made a couple of these blankets but I'd like to do some more when I can get some fleece. I think I will use that no knot method. At least I will try it. I prefer my fringe to be a little bit longer personally. The problem *I* had with the blankets is getting all four sides even (before cutting the fringe). Guess I need to use a level!

I have been fiddling with a one piece project using the puff stitch prayer cloth pattern. I am on the way to getting this down but have more work to do. I made a small sample. The sample is 5" x 38". The idea is not my original thought. You might remember that I donate prayer cloths to a church project and someone had the idea of making shawls by assembling them together. I thought it would save a lot of time if one did a one piece stripe and put those together. Well, it would save on the joining, but not on the making since it is single crochet and puff stitches.

This one is 38" and it does not go all the way around me. Now, I'm not small so maybe it would work for a smaller person. I don't know. The shawls I have made in the past have been longer than this. I would probably make it about 60". Of course it would not be 5". There will be 4 or 5 put together. We'll see how it turns out.


This small sample took an entire skein of Vanna's Choice. My thought was to place crosses in between these on the next one. That will take a little more yarn though and I'm not sure one skein would be enough. Still thinking. :-)

I also would like to do one with the filet cloth. More food for thought.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment