Friday, September 19, 2014

stitch-cation

I saw a note on Crochet Crowd's Facebook about something called Stitch-cation. Now perhaps I did read about this during the summer or maybe I completely missed it, but in any case I don't remember it.

If you are like me, you might want to have a look at the site and accompanying pattern links.
http://thecrochetcrowd.com/stitch-cation/

I decided this would be a good thing to make with all my single skeins. I completed a granny square and was almost done with a second single crochet through back loops square when my nail caught on one of the first rows. :-(  I ripped it completely and trimmed that nail! What a disappointment. 

There are 10 squares, 10" each. They use an "H" hook but I made mine with an "I" hook as I was using Red Heart Soft yarn which is a thin worsted. For the actual CAL one had to make 2 of each square and it was a contest I think. For my purposes I am just going to try a few of the patterns and those I like might end up in an afghan or more likely lapghan. 

Here is the granny square I made. It is worked turning each round. The last round is dc in each stitch. If you can do a granny square, you can do this. It's pretty simple. Instructions are laid out for every round.



That's all for now. I hope to make more squares from the Stitch-cation. I certainly have enough square patterns if I want to add others to it.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment