Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Doctor Who S18 Scarf

I finished the much shortened version of the Season 18 Doctor Who scarf worked in Lion Brand Suede I collected from a friend and Ebay.


I used a J hook. The foundation chain was 31.

The yarn used was Lion Brand Suede - garnet, eggplant, and spice. Just as in the original, I used spice for the edging. The edging I chose was just as I did it on my other S18 - (sc, ch 1, sk 1) all around with (sc, hdc, sc) in corners.

I worked the S18 pattern exactly (well, exactly as I did the other one LOL) up to almost 6' - 238 rows, 99 color stripes with many of those being single rows. Then I added 5 rows of spice to finish it off so there would be spice at the beginning and spice at the end because I am silly that way. So total if I counted it right is 243 rows and 100 color stripes. (The full length scarf has 282 color changes so this is about a third of the original.) Rows would vary depending on your pattern and if you are crocheting or knitting.

Finished size is 10" x 72". That is a much more manageable size for actual wearing, in Louisiana anyway. The Lion Brand suede is a very soft, warm yarn too.

Next up is a Jacob's Ladder afghan.


Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment