Tuesday, January 22, 2013

2012 stats

I've finally gotten around to checking the stats for last year.

Here's what happened at the Cabana in 2012
Unique visitors   661,119
Number of visits   854,200
Pages   1,310,300
Hits   37,153,528

The number of unique visitors and number of visits is down from 2011 but the pages those folks visited increased as well as the number of hits.


I'm anxious to see how the "new" Crochet Cabana fares in the coming year. I know that not everyone got the word that the site was updated and are still trying to visit pages using the old URLs. Hopefully, they've found the new pages by now. We'll see at the end of the year what the numbers show.

Those who visited were from all over the world. The top 20 countries represented were:
United States
Great Britain
Canada
Australia
Netherlands
India
Germany
Spain
south Africa
France
Italy
Romania
New Zealand
China
Mexico
Philippines
Sweden
Norway
Brazil
Israel


I have a small confession. I love reading those countries at the bottom of the list and know that someone in Liechtenstein, Kyrgyzstan, Eritrea, Kiribati and other places where I can barely pronounce the names (and probably incorrectly) are seeing things that I wrote.


The granny square tutorial continues to be the most visited page on the site.

As I looked at the places from which my visitors have come - the URL of the sites from which they found me - I am reminded that the links at those sites will have changed with the site update. If you've put a link to a particular page at Crochet Cabana on your web site, please change the link either to the main page or to the new page for the thing you originally linked to.

I do appreciate everyone who visits the site and hope it continues to be useful and entertaining!


Happy crocheting!
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment