Monday, November 19, 2012

hook and needle club

I've received another Hook and Needle Club kit. I have already begun this one  though I haven't started the last one yet. It just came in at a great time. I had finished the last troop hat I can do (no more yarn) and had nothing of particular urgency to get to at that time of night. On came the Christmas movies and out came the package. :-)

The yarn is Deborah Norville Everyday soft worsted acrylic. It's a Premier yarn. It also says anti-pilling. That's a nice perk if it works. The label on the Lilac Ridge color says there is a pattern inside and you should purchase enough yarn in the same dye lot for your project. It doesn't tell you, however, how much that is (that I saw anyway). Shhh. I'm going to tell you. The pattern shown is a diagonal stripe. Inside it says you need 4 balls in each of 3 colors.

The pattern in my Hook & Needle kit is a striping scarflette. In other words, the yarn makes the "stripes". I like the yarn very much. It's soft, a bit on the thin side of worsted.


The pattern is a nice one too. It is a thinnish scarf using front and back post stitches so far though I see in the pattern there will be V stitches and shells. I haven't gotten that far yet. You can see my progress in the picture. When I finish it, I'll post the completed scarflette. No problems with the pattern at this time.

Happy crocheting!
Sandie

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sandie that is so cute, and I love the colors...

    ReplyDelete